Monday 29 February 2016

Plead Your Case Pt 1 By Kenneth E. Hagin




Charles G. Finney said, “Argumentative prayers are the best kind of praying.” Of course, Finney would say that because he was a lawyer. Finney was very argumentative.


Looking at the 43rd chapter of Isaiah, we see something God says:

ISAIAH 43:25,26
25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
26 Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.


That’s exactly what Luther did without even knowing it. He repeated all the promises of Scripture he could remember where God promised to answer prayer. He reminded God of them. “Put me in remembrance” God said; “let us plead together.” In other words, God is telling us to plead our case to Him! Verse 26 continues, “Declare thou, that thou mayest be justified ….” That’s from the King James translation. Another translation reads, “Set forth your cause that you might be justified.”


The reason we don’t get more results is because:


(1) We don’t turn our face to the wall and look to God and God alone;

(2) Our praying is not intense enough.


“The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” God said to Hezekiah, “I have heard your prayer. I have seen your tears.” If we’re not careful, prayer can become just a form with us. And even while we’re praying, instead of turning our face to the wall, we’re still looking at the impossibility of the situation. We’re still trying to figure out how God can do it. Don’t you figure out how God can do it. Let Him do it.


I remember years ago when word came that my mother, who was only 68 years old at the time, was dying. I went to the Lord. I turned my face to the wall. I turned away from everything else. With great intensity, I began to call upon Him. Finally I said, “Now, Lord, You have promised us in your Word at least 70 or 80 years. That’s a minimum. You said in your Word, ‘I will satisfy you with long life.’ ” (If you’re not satisfied with 70 or 80 years, go on living beyond that.) I said, “You promised us that 70 or 80 would be a minimum, and Momma’s only 68. If she doesn’t get the minimum, I’ll never be satisfied. The longest day I live on this earth, I’m going to remind You of it. I don’t mean I’m going to turn my back on You, but I’ll never feel good toward You about it.” The Lord said to me immediately, just as plain as if He had been standing beside me—”All right. I’ll do whatever you say about it.”


I said, “Give her at least 80 years.” I knew she didn’t have enough faith to claim it on her own, but she lived to be 80. Just a few days after she passed her 80th birthday, she went home to be with the Lord. I think sometimes we’re too mealy-mouthed when it comes to seeking God. Jesus said something about this subject: “the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force” (Matt. 11:12). God’s the same God now He was then. He’s the same God King Hezekiah prayed to. He’s the same God Martin Luther prayed to. He hasn’t changed. He’s the God of the ages. He is the Ageless One. With Him there is no shadow of turning. Thank God for this hour in which you and I live. Think about it: We can read the Word of God. We can read history. We can see what God is doing today in this charismatic move.



-Turning Hopeless Situations Around



Plead Your Case Pt 1 By Kenneth E. Hagin

No comments:

Post a Comment