Sunday 28 February 2016

Common-Union with the Father - Myles Munroe




February 28


Jesus wants us to spend much time in loving communion with the Father and to accomplish much for the kingdom. He prayed, That all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one.(John 17:21–22) Jesus was referring not only to unity in the church, but also to the intimate union of believers with the Father and Son. He was saying, “Make My disciples one, the way You and I are one with each other. Make them one with You in the same way that I am.” The Father loves you and wants the same communion or “common-union” with you that He had with Jesus. Your prayer life can make you so intimate with God that you will naturally manifest His works, just as Jesus did.


Most people didn’t know how Jesus spoke with such wisdom and did such miracles. The disciples knew Jesus’ secret because they observed His lifestyle of prayer. They knew He had a special communion with the Father, so they said, in effect, “Lord, don’t teach us to do miracles; teach us to pray.” If we learn what they learned, we will do the things Jesus did.

“Lord, teach us to pray!”



Prayer:

Father, it is exciting that You desire to have communion with me, as You had with Jesus. Help me to develop an intimate relationship with You and to manifest Your works. In Jesus’ name, amen.



Thought: The Father wants the same communion with you that He had with Jesus.



Reading: Numbers 17–19; Mark 6:30–56





-Daily Power And Prayer Devotional



Common-Union with the Father - Myles Munroe

No comments:

Post a Comment