Thursday 28 April 2016

Solomon Asante Haunted By DR Congo Derby Horror

Tout Puissant Mazembe Ghanaian import Solomon Asante has been left mentally traumatised after the DR Congo derby horor against AS Vitta.


The former Berekum attacking midfielder was a subject of man handling, resulting in bleeding from the pocket size Ghanaian.


T.P Mazembe held AS Vita Club to a pulsating 0-0 stalemate, which triggered the Kinshasha based home fans into that horror acts of hooliganism during the clash.


The high tempered clash could as well pass for a coup d’etat in place of a local derby football match with many tear gases flying up the pitch.


Initial build up to the game hinted at such unforeseen acts forcing the referee to stop the match midway before reluctantly restarting it.


“I am been haunted in my mind even after the game. The build up to the game, happening during the game and even what transpired after the game could force any player to quit the game. I thought something fatal was going to happen”, Asante told sports crusader.


The former Berekum Chelsea forward further added, ” Aside my blood stains all over my brother, I thought of the fans and even my opponents as well. My mindset for now has been imprisoned as I have never witnessed anything like this in my young career so far. This is football and not war”.


AS Vita Club’s Ghanaian forward was sent off for the home side in the eventful 0-0 stalemate. Solomon Asante’s Ghanaian teams in Yaw Frimpong and Daniel Nii Adjei both featured for the reigning CAF Champions league holders whiles Kissi Boateng Watched from the bench.


T P Mazembe crushed out of CAF CL at the last hurdle after an indifferent start to their title defense.



Solomon Asante Haunted By DR Congo Derby Horror

No comments:

Post a Comment