Wednesday 30 December 2015

Asamoah Gyan aims at improved season at Shanghai SIPG with invisible target




Ghana striker Asamoah Gyan says he is out to prove himself again at his Chinese club Shanghai SIPG.


The 30-year-old endured a frustrating period with injuries in his first six months at the club.


Gyan who is one of the highest earners in world football when he joined the ambitious Chinese club could only manage four goals in 10 appearances for the side.


Many believe the Black Stars captain has nothing more to prove in his professional football which has been hugely successful both as an individual and on his pocket.


But the former Sunderland hitman says he still has something to prove and has set targets for himself in his second season with Shanghai SIPG.


“Everybody has got targets. Personally I have a target but I don’t want to disclose it,” he told Sportscrusader.com.


“I want to do well for the club and do well for myself and be happy.


“At the end of the season I leave it to the public to judge.


“Like I said this is an important season in my career and I am sure I will prepare very well for the season.


“I always say that when I am 100 percent fit, I know what I can do so I hope I stay injury-free and do my best.”




Asamoah Gyan aims at improved season at Shanghai SIPG with invisible target

No comments:

Post a Comment