Wednesday 30 December 2015

Mahatma Otoo reveals rejecting poor offers after Sogndal went down last year

Ghana striker Mahatma Otoo has revealed he refused to leave Sogndal even when they got relegated because interested clubs were making ridiculous offer.


The 23-year-old has once more again become a subject of intense transfer talk following his sterling performance in the past season.


Otoo’s 13 goals helped Sogndal secure a return to the Norwegian top flight but it is looking increasingly unlikely the Ghana striker will stay at the club.


A similar situation prevailed this time last year when Sogndal had suffered relegation.


Clubs were looking to sign their top performers but at a low cost with the expectation they are desperate to move as they didn’t want to play in the lower division.


This, Otoo says, was one of the main reasons he refused to make the move last year.


“The first year was good and we managed to save our premiership status, but the following year we got relegated and everybody thought that I will leave the club because I did not fancy playing in Division one,” he told Footballcrusader.com.


“Several offers came for me from other Clubs, some from Norway and from places like Germany, Spain, France and England.


“But what I realized was that most of them wanted to pay less for my services perhaps because they thought I was desperate to leave Sogndal FC.


“It was there I decided to stay on and fight for the Club to return to the Norwegian Premier League, as that I believed, will go a long way to prove my worth to them, and I am happy I did.”









Mahatma Otoo reveals rejecting poor offers after Sogndal went down last year

No comments:

Post a Comment