Thursday 31 December 2015

Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled By Billy Joe Daugherty

Life after death does not have to be troubling to anyone. Jesus said in John 14:1-4:
Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.







When a person reaches the end of his life or is challenged by a life-threatening illness, the individual and those around them may be fearful of death. Sometimes in a person’s fight against sickness, the individual becomes tired. Often the individual catches a glimpse of heaven and sees how good it looks. At this point, it’s easy for the person to quit fighting and step on over to the other side.


In the above verses, Jesus is telling us not to be afraid of death. He is letting us know what we can expect when we arrive in heaven. There are many dwelling places there. Jesus said that He has gone ahead to prepare a place for you. He has made a place for everyone who has been born again by receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior.


In verse 3 above, Jesus says that He will receive you unto Himself. When you die, you will be with Jesus. This is comforting to know for yourself and for your loved ones. To be absent from the body is to be present with Jesus. (2 Cor. 5:6-8.) No wonder Jesus said, “Let not your heart be troubled.” Having the knowledge that your loved one is with Jesus should give you peace. Even though you may miss the person, he or she is with

Jesus, enjoying a continuation of life in a different place. If you do not have peace about your eternal destination, ask Jesus to come into your heart. If a loved one has died, you cannot affect his or her life today; but you can allow Jesus to transform your heart. It all happens by faith.


Faith believes what God has said. Faith agrees with God. Faith speaks what God speaks. Faith obeys God’s Word. You can release your faith now by believing and speaking these words:


Heavenly Father, I come to You admitting that I am a sinner. Right now, I choose to turn away from sin, and I ask You to cleanse me of all unrighteousness. I believe that Your Son, Jesus, died on the cross to take away my sins. I also believe that He rose again from the dead so that I might be forgiven of my sins and be made righteous through faith in Him. I call upon the name of Jesus Christ to be the Savior and Lord of my life. Jesus, I choose to follow You and ask that You fill me with the power of the Holy Spirit. I declare that right now I am a child of God. I am free from sin and full of the righteousness of God. I am saved in Jesus’ name. Amen.


By praying this prayer, you never have to fear where you will go when you die. Your eternal destination will be with Jesus in heaven. Welcome to the family of God!




Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled By Billy Joe Daugherty

No comments:

Post a Comment