Monday 29 February 2016

Dwarfs Coach Contemplates On Quitting

Head coach of Ebusua Dwarfs J.E. Sarpong has hinted that he will quit his job if his side fails to win against Hearts of Oak on Sunday.


 


Dwarfs have not won a single match in the two-week-old 2015/16 Ghana Premier League. The ‘abonbontoa’ boys surprisingly lost their first game at home by a lone goal against Dreams FC and lost by the same margin to New Edubiase at the Len Clay stadium last Friday.


According to the outspoken coach, he suspects a sabotage from certain quarters of the team, adding that he will not stay on to suffer that kind of humiliation.


 


I won’t even sit down for the team to humiliate me like this. How can a team that played so well and had the best striker and goal king, start to play like this? Two matches and nothing to show for it”, coach J.E. Sarpong mentioned.


 


“It’s either the players don’t want to play for me any longer or someone in the team is trying to sabotage my efforts as head coach of Dwarfs. I will not mince words and I know many people are listening, I will go home think about this defeat and see what step to take next”.


 


“But if the team doesn’t win in our next match, I will do the honorable thing and leave the Club. Everybody knows my pedigree, so why will I sit for this team to disgrace me”.


 


“The same thing happened in Chelsea and Mourinho was sacked because you could see that the players did not want to play for him.”




Dwarfs Coach Contemplates On Quitting

No comments:

Post a Comment