Wednesday 30 March 2016

Agyemang Badu Hints At Udinese Exit

Udinese’s Ghanaian midfielder, Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu has hinted that he could be heading for exit at the Estadio Friuli at the end of this season, if a favourable offer comes.


The25-year old midfield enforcer has spent 6 seasons with Italian side.


But despite scoring four goals in his 26 appearances this season Udinese are still lying 16th on the league log with the season entering the final stretch.


Badu has been courted in the past by clubs in England including Stoke City and Watford United which is also owned by the Pozzo family- owners of Udinese.


Following his move to the Italian side after the 2009 FIFA Youth Championship, Badu has grown in stature over the year to become a key figure in the Udinese set up.







The former Berekum Arsenals and Asante Kotoko man in an interview with Citi FM in Accra admitted that he has contributed his quota to the club and feels its time to seek a new conquest.


“I have been at this club for a long time, I respect the team and I admire their respect for African players especially Ghanaians.


“The legacy that the likes of Stephen Appiah, Gago Mohammed, Rabiu Mohammed and also Kwadwo Asamoah left has made this possible.


“I have a contract with the club and I respect that contract. I am very happy here and I am with a great family now but I think I need a new challenge.


“I have done what I have to for this club but our position on the league log puts us in a very difficult position.


“I want to just focus on the remaining eight games so we attain a respectable position. In June we will see what happens but on the back of what I have done here I think I need a new challenge,”




Agyemang Badu Hints At Udinese Exit

No comments:

Post a Comment