Saturday 25 June 2016

Sergio: I’m Here To Do Well For Hearts  

 


New Portuguese trainer of Accra Hearts of Oak, Sergio Daniel Moniz Traguil has said he in Ghana to set a mark, and, will give off his best for Ghana’s Premier club in his first major assignment as head coach.


The 35 year old has been told to take over as the head of technical affairs of the Phobians for the rest of the season and has accepted the challenge, promising to do well.


The Portuguese takes charge of the club on a temporarily basis and, could be confirmed permanently if he does well at the club.


This job of handling the coaching reigns at Ghana’s oldest existing club comes with of pressure with the demands very high but, the former Benfica youth coach said he is ready for the task.


“I think pressure don’t exist in football, in my opinion, I am doing the job that I love so how can I be under pressure, I was born for this,” he said when pressed on that.







“Pressure is when the month is coming to an end, and you realised you don’t have anything to give your children and family, for me that is pressure.”


“I am here to try my best for his football club, and, I will do my very best to get the club to a respectable place.”


Sergio Daniel Moniz Traguil arrived in Ghana on Thursday, 16 June 2016 and was  expected to take charge of the Hearts junior teams, Auroras (Under 20) and Royal Oaks (Under 17) but he has had to be drafted into the senior team because of the vacuum created by Coach Kenichi Yatsuhashi’s departure.


Traguil replaces the Japanese-American who parted ways with Hearts of Oak on mutual terms last Monday, having agreed to end his two year contract.


The Portuguese will be taking up his second job in Africa having worked with Nigerian Premier League side Kaduna United in the past.


He is preparing the Accra Hearts of Oak side for Sunday’s Ghana Premier League (GPL) encounter against Dreams FC as the second round of the competition begins this weekend.




Sergio: I’m Here To Do Well For Hearts  

No comments:

Post a Comment