Wednesday 29 June 2016

CAA Championship: John Ampomah Unhappy With Silver Medal

Ghanaian Javelin Thrower, John Ampomah has expressed dissatisfaction about his performance at the just-ended African Senior Championships in South Africa despite winning a silver medal. 


The captain for Team Ghana threw 75.22m in the men’s javelin to pick the silver medal with the gold going to South Africa’s Sunette Viljoen .


And speaking in an interview upon the team’s arrival in Accra, Ampomah revealed that he failed to meet his personal expectation during the 5-day competition.


“I was expecting something, but it was rather unfortunate that I couldn’t meet my expectation”, he said, adding that,  “my expectation was not just to win a medal, but also to throw certain distance that I have been chasing the whole of this year. But I think it’s still not over. As for the medal, I was hoping for, at least, a gold, but it was rather unfortunate”.


Ampomah further revealed that he fell short on some technicalities but was quick to note that, he will be ready for the 2016 Olympic games in Rio.


“It is just a little technical aspect that I am missing, the strength is there, no injuries, it is just little technical aspect I miss all the time, so, I am going to work on that this coming weeks before Rio and I think I would be good by then”, he stated.







Team Ghana Returned from the 20th African Seniors Championship with six medals and finished sixth on the medal table.




CAA Championship: John Ampomah Unhappy With Silver Medal

No comments:

Post a Comment