Thursday 25 August 2016

Drinkwater Pens New Leicester City Contract

Leicester City have announced midfielder Danny Drinkwater has signed a new five-year deal, dispelling rumours linking him with a possible move away from the club.


The 27-year-old played a key role in midfield alongside N’Golo Kante in midfield last season as the Foxes claimed an unlikely Premier League title.


Drinkwater joins Riyad Mahrez, Jamie Vardy, Kasper Schmeichel, Wes Morgan and Andy King in committing their futures to the club in recent weeks.


I’ve loved playing for this club, it’s been perfect for me and my career and I want to be here for a long time to come. I couldn’t be happier,” Drinkwater said.


“I’ve grown a lot as a player and a person in the last four years and Leicester City has been a massive part of that.


“I owe a lot to the staff here for helping me get to this point – they’ve been quality.


“And I love being part of this team. We’ve been through so much together and I’m sure there’s a lot more to come.”




Drinkwater Pens New Leicester City Contract

No comments:

Post a Comment